Remove Israel from our Bible and we would have no Saviour, no apostles, no prophets, no patriarchs, no salvation and no Bible ! Prophecy is clear that God still has a purpose for Israel, and that momentous end-time events will see the restoration of God’s chosen people. Our Bible makes more sense when we accept that ‘Israel’ means ‘Israel’, and try not to spiritualise it into the ‘Church’ with the error of ‘Replacement Theology’.
A partial fulfillment of prophecy has already taken place, with Israel returning to part of the ‘Promised Land’, cities rebuilt, and the export of fruit. Israel is a modern-day miracle – its language, army, and currency all restored after a 1900 year gap. This is totally unprecedented in human history. However, there is far more to come, including the return of Jesus to Jerusalem.
Israel comes under tremendous pressure from the nations to divide its land, even though it makes up only a tiny percentage of the Middle East. People apply double standards to her, so Israel has had to fight continuously for its survival. Surrounded by countries that plan her destruction, Israel is systematically misrepresented by the Media.
How you can help
Become a ‘watchman on the walls of Jerusalem’ through:
- praying specifically, systematically and persistently for Israel
- subscribing to some of the organisations listed
- befriending, supporting and sharing your faith with the Jewish people
- monitoring, exposing and challenging Media bias towards Israel
- providing practical and prayerful assistance for Aliyah (helping Jews return to Israel)